Wednesday, December 07, 2005

cake, coffee and cards

I am thinking of actually cooking *gasp* with the boys, since I need to spend some time cleaning up the kitchen--it's Dragon's turn, and you know how he loves to cook. Also, I have a new recipe for a vegan cake--that's right, no eggs or milk, and I hear it's delicious; I remain skeptical until there is evidence, which means we get to have a taste test!

Eldarian gave me a new card game as well: Quiddler. Letters and words and cards and suitable-for-up-to-8-folks (o my!), it is made by the same people who brought us the fun that is Five Crowns. Want to come over for some cake, coffee and cards?

Many thanks to all who wrote or checked in on Dragon. He is doing well, and seems to have bounced back from the procedure itself. Also, I officially applied for my job as of this afternoon; for good or for ill, I will know if I am permanently a part of this team in the coming weeks. In either case, I'll be a woman in need of a bit of a get-together, so let's all think about when we can schedule it. Perhaps it will entail another round of cake, coffee and cards.

By the way, I finished PopCo., and I must say it was charming, delightful, intriguing, subversive, and a great read. I am also quite glad that I was given an advance reader's copy, since the cover of the print version really gives me the unholy creeps. Even if the blurb on the back is as engaging on the current cover as it is on the advance one, I don't think I could stand to have that doll face staring at me for the legnth of time it took me to read the book, and I'm pretty fast.

Do please also leave your comments for what you would like at the decoration gathering this Sunday. I have signed up for making mulled cider, and depending on the timing of everything might make an apple cake. Dragon has decided he is in charge of making certain there is eggnog (but don't be surprised if he doesn't share) and Tiger is all about the finger snacks. I'm seeing lots of nibbles available, and we can always figure out the rest of it from there. I suppose since this is coming up so quickly that I should get off my duff and find the Christmas Tree stand. I know it's in the basement somewhere, but somehow that doesn't make the prospect of locating it any less daunting.

No comments: