Thursday, September 07, 2006

blame it on holly

yesterday i loaned holly my iPod while i was at work so she could listen to some trace adkins. in return, she told me about the song I'll take you back, which had me cackling in recognition. In return, i'm downloading One More Minute, which i'll share with her tomorrow. The real gem in the album so far is actually Rainin' You, a song that speaks to my soul.

Holly and i have created a weird friendship, based more on hit-and-run moments than anything. I say good morning to her, she says hi back, and it's always heartfelt. We don't talk much, but especially when we talk about music, i can tell we are talking to kindred spirits. if i could afford it, i'd buy her an iPod (yes, tiger, you come first; no worries).

On Ice Cream Day, Holly and i were both sitting in the foyer lameting that the truck was late. She asked me about the flowers i had received that day, and i confessed that i'm a total space cadet, since she had received rosees just the week before and i had never in my whole life received a dozen roses of any color, let alone red. she had received a dozen from her ex boyfriend the week before, and when i was called downstairs, karen was busy talking with three other folks (a common situation). I motioned to karen, asking what was it i had left at her desk and she pointed to the flowers. I honestly thought "oh no. not richard again," and was on my way up to get holly when Karen got my attention and pointed, significantly, to the dozen lovely red roses on the file cabinet beside her. My first thought was "I don't even know Richard." Honest.

When i told holly this, she just about had a giggle fit. It was a good moment, and made up for not having had iced cream in spades.

note: since then i have received yet another dozen, this time copper peace roses. i have a boyfriend and he's amazing. i can honestly say i've never been happier in my whole life.

No comments: