Friday, August 11, 2006

introvert's day

the rain and grey are just what i needed today. i'm finishing up at work and it hit me that in two weeks i'll be leaving for the beach, and i'm ever-so looking forward to it. Dragon's birthday is this weekend, and while i'm not in a particularly partysome mood, i know it will be a wonderful celebration indeed.

i have been talking with my grandmother extensively lately, and last night she was in my dreams, talking and smoking and laughing with me at the dining table in her house, the table that has been donated long ago, and the house that none of us owns anymore, but it still my closest approximation of a hometown. it was a heartfelt homecoming, and at one point i woke up with tears of friendship and relief on my face, right around the time of the thunderstorm.

by the time i woke up this morning, Little Nibs was wrapped around my hair, purring contentedly on my pillow and i went to work with pillows and sheets still marking my face, but a calm stillness in my soul that has been missing for too long.

happy friday.

No comments: