Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Lunch Box Crew

this morning jffn received his care package at work. I wasn't as early as i have been before, but i still figured i would get there before he did, so i was a little stymied to see him not only there, but actually sitting at his desk.
me: uh. mornin', jeff.
jeff: morning.[type-type-type]
me:you're not supposed to be here yet.
jeff: i'm not?
me:nope. Hey, look! It's Elvis!!
jeff: [weird look right at me] Huh?
me: never mind. just ... um... close your eyes.
jeff: [closes eyes] Why? Am I going to get a surprise?
me:[exasperated] uh. no! [places care package on desk]
jeff: Can i open my eyes yet?
me: nope. [leaves office, giggling]
later he told me that i am "the coolest lady ever." i confess that when i was putting it together, i had laughed and smiled and gotten all sortsa frustrated until i found Just The Right Shirt (and in the right size, too). I told Dave that i was pretty certain that i was having far more fun putting the care package together than anyone would have in receiving it.

i think perhaps i was wrong, and it feels quite fine.

and, did i mention that i'm a ninja? cuz i am. just ask jffn.

No comments: