Tuesday, August 15, 2006

what am i doing listening to this again?

back when i was an involuntary inpatient at one of the fine psychological wellness centers (read: committed), there was one album i listened to repeatedly that helped: Suzanne Vega's title album. I don't think there's anything particularly special about it other than that for some strange reason it really spoke to me at the time. It helped me remember there was a rhythm of life beyond the locked doors, the iron barred windows and the orderlies with their medications. Back then, my theme song was "Small Blue Thing," even though my favourite song on the album is bar none "the queen and the soldier."

that and coloured pencils.

Listening to it again today, I'm enjoying "Marlena on the Wall" far more than I probably should.

No comments: