Wednesday, November 30, 2005

midweek

Dragon seems well enough. We will know more when results from biopsies come back. The results of the viewing seem good so far. Many thanks to all who communicated their love and good wishes, and to those of you who were so supportive. I'll keep you updated.

Speaking of updates, I will be able to post online from my hotel room in Ottawa. Please look here for updates about having arrived safely and the like, though probably not much detail, as I do not expect to have cell service.

There's a mountain of work to catch up on for being out, but it's all good. Dragon is a trooper. He deserves all the gold stars. We did actually hav a bit of fun yesterday afternoon, as he wanted to visit Papa at work (i chose a new dishwasher -- it was an evil alliance, i tell you). We also ended up choosing paint for my office, the downstairs room, and the kitchen. Over dinner at the Olive Garden, all of us worked on developing the back yard Pirate Area (no longer to be confined only to the ship). We have plans for an upper deck, a plank (to be walked), a galley, hammock swings, bells, whistles, telescopes, periscopes, whatever-the-big-wheel-thing-is-called [update: it's a ship's wheel. many thanks to those of you who wrote to inform me of it, and went further to let me know that the person who mans the ship's wheel is called a helmsman], and even a bunk house. we have a name percolating about for the ship herself. we have a plan to officially christen the ship and area on Pirates Day next september. I get to be the Bucaneer, and am working on my costume. Tiger wants to host a tour and charge admission to play in the back yard. arrrrr!

No comments: