Monday, November 28, 2005

rainy days and mondays

Good morning. After spending all day yesterday on the couch with a serious fever and school bus disease (trust me, you don't want it), i seem to have returned to normal, albeit weakened, state. Many thanks to Eldarian for sitting around and laughing at me moaning and helping herd the boys. Many thanks to the boys for being wonderful and as accommodating as any little boys ever really could be.

The tea, the frog prince and the down comforter helped as well, I'm certain. I have to confess that I was beyond irritated that the second season of Battlestar Galactica isn't out as yet. I think I watched the final six episodes in a marathon.

Hope your monday is excellent. I'm not up for much more than soup today, but that's my plan: it's all about the coziness. Despite being sicker than a dog (well, okay -- dogs don't get this sick; they are shot first), there was much progress made on the house, and the playroom and office upstairs are coming along nicely. The plan is to be able to have everything in such a state as of January that we can have Steve et al come in and finish remodeling the kitchen, put shelves in the playroom upstairs, paint and shelves in the office. . . wow. this list is longer than i thought: the joys of home ownership. anyway, we seem to be on track, even if the list of home improvements is non-ending.

For now there isn't any 'net at home, and i'm grateful for such WiFi as is around the neighborhood. The co-op and barnes and noble share theirs gladly, as does Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea. WiFi, snow monkey plum tea, books and a table. Now that's luxury living.

Dragon has a procedure tomorrow, so don't expect a post until wednesday. We'll be at the hospital at the crack of 06:30, so i'm getting together some crochet patterns and novelty yarn to keep me awake and occupied. I've always been big into shawls, but now there are just ever so many patterns and novelty yarns and the like. how cool is that?

1 comment:

Aonghus mac Bacastair said...

Hope Dragon comes through alright. Please keep us all posted. Jax